Thursday, January 19, 2006

MLK day ... perspective

Well, another Martin Luther King day has passed. From my perspective ... thank God that Dr. King is not here to see what has become of his legacy:

- the two prominent figures representing black americans today are a lying, tax cheat poverty pimp who fills his own pockets with money extorted by threats and intimidation, the other promotes hatred and separation and says he visits a "mother ship" for prophecy.
- the largest organization for "Colored People" has been hijacked by a Democrat Party operative and is now simply a "mindless zombie" wing of that party
- black children are now 70-some odd percent likely to be born out of wedlock, a situation that virtually guarantees a lifetime of poverty / dependence.
- black voters overwhelmingly support a party that rabidly supports an organization that was specifically founded to kill as many undesirables (i.e. black children) as possible

Somebody grab a generator and hook it to Dr. King's corpse ... we could probably generate enough power for a small city from him spinning in his grave.

Not to say that progress has not been made ... I think that the kind of racism from Dr. King's time ... the prevaling mindset that folks of other races were somehow "inferior" ... is pretty rare. Folks certainly still have stereotypes about this and that ... something that Reggie White clumsily tried to describe in a speech to the Wisconsin Legislature ... but that has little to do with any kind of harmful intentions. Statistics show that generally from an economic perspective, the races are pretty much equal WHEN THE DEMOGRAPHICS ARE FIGURED IN ... college grads make about the same, married couples about the same, etc. (the numbers are only terribly skewed when *total* populations are figured in).

Sad to say, a new kind of racism has evolved ... one spawned less for social reasons and more for economic (loosely defined ... better defined as "get rich quick") ... a "fear" of minorities from caucasions due to the threat of civil retribution. If you have anything bad happen with somebody ... be it an employee, subordinate, coworker, even an acquaintance or complete stranger ... the odds of a civil action happening increases significantly when one of the parties can throw down the "race" card.

I do not even have to point to the likes of Jesse and Al and Calypso Louie ... I have seen and experienced it myself.

I also cannot see any good way out of it ... heck I am not sure I would not play the race card if it was to my advantage. I had a great friend that one time, admittedly to his complete embarassment, related the story of his experience at work where a burnt out fool uttered something bad (could even have been the "n" word) and my friend came back with "this will make for a nice lawsuit". It all played out the way the stories go.

As he told the story, I could see in his eyes he was crushed inside ... this was not his way ... he could not figure out "where that came from". I was profoundly disappointed in him (more shocked than anything), but nothing like what he felt for himself. He was incredibly intelligent, profoundly honorable, and acutely aware of the nuances of life ... but when things got hot, he just went nuclear. I cannot believe that I am any better than he.

I am not sure where this ends ... I know that the people in general are growing weary of the charletons ... it is the new mafia and you know what happened to the "old" mafia. Economics, however, is a powerful "trump" card ... I don't see anybody giving up their cards anytime soon. Hopefully it will happen before the new fear-based racism has a chance to become entrenched.

Other random musings

Once again, the democraps prove how unabashedly hypocritical they are ... Nagin with his "chocolate" comment and Hillary with her "plantation" reference.

I had a girlfriend onetime that spoke of "chocolates" ... and it took me about 15 minutes to figure out what the heck she was talking about ... I am best described as anti-racist ... so the term was so far out of my realm of thought that I could not even make sense of the statement. I won't go into how that one played out ... suffice it to say that this was before I was a Christian and it would have been one of the (many) things I needed forgiveness for.

So when Nagin used that term I was just blown away ... the thought is just "yuck" ... ya know? But just try to get your mind around what would have happened to a conservative if something even half as ugly as that was said?

I am ignoring the totally racist garbage about making it a "black" city again ... What are you saying, Ray? I trust that an awful lot of decent, upstanding folks do not consider your identifying "blackness" with the garbage heap that was New Orleans.

Try this one on, Ray ... let's invite all enterprising, hard working folks back, regardless of color. I realize that a clown like Nagin will never get elected in that situation ... but at least it would be a positive message and one that promotes *real* diversity.

The Holiday

Several commentators hit on the annual theme of "non-participation" ... how MLK day is the least celebrated in terms of corporate participation. The speculation ran wild ... it just got goofy. Here is a clue to the goofballs trying to create all sorts of bizarre theories from this ... "yet another holiday" with nobody working directly yanks money out of the system. What's more, setting this day so close to the Christmas holidays seals the deal ... people are not even all that upset about not having it off as the burnout from Christmas is still burned into their minds. I would imagine slapping it down late spring or in the middle of summer would have had a much greater impact. If I am not mistaken even Andy Rooney quipped about a similar topic in one of his hairy rants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home