Wednesday, November 09, 2005

There was an election yesterday, ya know

Granted ... I have been unable to tune into a lot of what is going on in the world for personal reasons, so perhaps that is why I have this weird sense about nothing all that important going on. Perhaps it is also tied to the fact that there was nothing that I am aware of going on in New Mexico (election wise) ... our stuff was a few weeks ago. Catching glimpses of the news last night and on the radio this morning ... it sounded like there were OVERWHELMING defeats of Republicans in the elections yesterday, and I guess somebody was laying this down as a complete defeat for GW Bush.

Huh? What was up, as far as I can determine, were some state initiatives in California, and a couple of governer positions in the northeast (leftist) coast. In the "big" ones (were there others?) ... the "self-outing" gay democrat (you remember, the guy who put his gay lover in charge of homeland security) from New Jersey was replaced by another corrupt democrat, and the democrat from Virginia was replaced by another democrat. In CA ... the lefties decided to keep the corrupt institutions put in place by democrats to keep that state in eternal bankruptcy ... despite the best efforts of Governor Arnold.

So I guess that replacing democrats with democrats is considered massive victories by Democrats? And this taking place in left wing areas of the country?

Seriously though ... the way it was coming across on the radio was that this was a humiliating defeat for Republicans ... so I really came in this morning and pulled up the state governments of VA and NJ to see exactly who these Republicans were that got kicked out of office ... and that is why I am confused. It was sort of the same thing in Ohio a little while ago ... Democrats were crowing about the fact that their guy did not lose by as much as they expected him to ... ignoring of course the fact that the guy pretended like he was a conservative during the campaign.

Well, I say now what I said then ... I sure hope the lefties keep holding themselves to these same standards going forward!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home