Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mel Gibson ... are you kidding me?

Did you ever watch "the twilight zone"? It was this really weird show from way before (even) my time, but occasionally showed up on the UHF channels (that should spin some of you kids' heads) way back when. The context (at least of the few shows I watched) was that some person ... the central character of the story ... "wakes" up when some major thing is totally screwed up (like a guy who gets up in the morning and nobody in his life knows who he is ... George Bailey like ... but far "darker").

I think as far as world affairs go ... I'm in the twilight zone. I mean the French guy ... literally a government official ... says that Iran is a stabilizing force? What &^%$ng planet has this guy been on for the last 20 years? What planet ... no ... what galaxy has this guy been in. I mean the Iranians, what in the last 3 months, have made an announcement about turning loose thousands of suicide bombers all over the world? What part of stable and "suicide bombers" am I not getting?

I just don't get it ... just don't get it.

But George Bush is to blame for all the worlds' problems?

I mean ... I am not real happy with the guy ... but when you got idiots at the highest levels of government calling the world's most dangerous kooks ... who's leader denies the holocust ... who can reasonably be assumed to trigger a nuclear device as soon as they get their slimy fingers on one ... who kill their own people who oppose them ... when these idiots call that "a stabilizing force", I would love to ask them what the hell is a destabilizing force?

Please ... can we not get some of these terrorists into France? Just send some of the Gitmo terrorists in a box, give them some suicide vests ... and put them on the streets of Paris but tell them they are in New York. Nah ... they would blame that on Bush too.

But hey ... this is about Mel Gibson, isn't it?

Oh yeah ... sorry about the rant ... OK ... so I'm flipping through the radio on the way to work, and I hear good ol' Mel is in trouble for some DUI thing. Wow! But I guess I can see him being a great party-er ... so OK. I would love to party with Mel ... he just seems like such a really cool guy! I expected to hear they were crucifying him, though ... if you'll pardon the pun ... cuz he really pissed them off with the Passion movie ... bad thing in Hollywood, don't ya know.

But wait a minute ... Mel said some things against the Jews. Wow! He must have been really plastered.

Then ... I almost had to pull the car over ... I really thought that I had banged my head real, real hard and was just out of it ... this radio announcer is making the argument that alcohol is like "truth serum" ... I am not kidding you ... those were his exact words ... "truth serum". I almost died ... truth serum? Alcohol??? So now Gibson is this flaming closet Nazi because he said some really stupid things while he was bombed out of his mind???

Think this through ... I mean ... I don't know about you ... but I have said some of the most stupid things that I can remember when I was bombed, as did others I was with ... I was kung-fu master ... I was from Jamaica ... "I love you" ... ahhhhh, man, it hurts to think about it ... I once was busted for DUI (and I have not had any intoxicant in the 20 some odd years since then) and I almost fell down while I was lying to the cop.

Truth serum? Alcohol? Not hardly.

Gibson's response has been impeccable ... but that isn't going to save his ass. Nope ... he's a fairly decent guy ... big (seemingly happy) family ... goes to church ... but he made a *really* good movie about Jesus. He'd be a lot better off in that pile of dung (Hollywood) if he beat his wife, screwed around, and was in and out of rehab more than Robert Downey Jr.

If Mel has to straighten some things out ... God Bless him and help him. Let us pray for him to recover and get back to his family. And I also pray that he have some more opportunities to do the really great things that he has been doing in Hollywood ... serious and funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home